Gibraltar Cultural Services, in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, and based on Government advice and recommendations from the Director of Public Health, con confirm as follows:
• All Cultural public events which require social gatherings are cancelled until the end of May. All events scheduled for June 2020 and thereafter, will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
• All private events held in Government Cultural Premises until the end of May are postponed. Private events at the John Mackintosh Hall Theatre are also cancelled.
• Planned Exhibitions can continue without official openings. GCS will cancel exhibitions at short notice upon expert advice.
• The Spring Logo Competition will be a closed-door presentation for award recipients only.
• Workers’ Memorial Day at the Lobby of Parliament is cancelled.
• May Day Celebrations are cancelled.
• Spring Zarzuela at the John Mackintosh Theatre is cancelled.
• Young Shakespeare Company at the John Mackintosh Theatre for school children will proceed for now but this will be reviewed after the Easter holidays.
• The Youth and Cultural Open Day at the John Mackintosh Hall is postponed.
• Spring Visual Arts Competition will be a closed-door presentation for award recipients only.
• Miss Gibraltar 2020 will continue for now as a closed-door event and will be aired live on GBC. GCS may cancel the event at short notice upon expert advice.
• World Music Festival scheduled for June is postponed.
• Calenitita Food Festival scheduled for the 20th June is postponed.
GCS will continue to monitor all events and review these on a daily basis.
For further information do not hesitate to contact Gibraltar Cultural Services on 20075669, 20067236, 202079750 or email: email@example.com